Chapel Street, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF4 2AD


Ryhill Junior, Infant And Nursery School

Together we can achieve



We have a number of students in our school have severe food allergies to peanuts/nuts. It is important that there is strict avoidance of this food in order to prevent a life-threatening allergic reaction. We are asking your help to provide our students with a safe school environment.

Any exposure to peanuts/nuts may cause a life-threatening allergic reaction that requires emergency medical treatment. To reduce the chance of this occurring, we are asking that you do not send any peanut or nut containing products to school with your child that will be eaten in school. If your child has eaten peanuts/nuts before coming to school, please be sure your child’s hands and face have been thoroughly washed before entering the school.

We appreciate your support of these procedures.

To make our children have a better awareness of allergies we organised allergy adventures to come and give a talk to our year two and year three children.


NHS information

Year Two Workshop

Year Three Workshop